APCOM has been engaged in responding to the urgent needs of MSM in Asia and the Pacific at both a policy and programmatic level. At a multi-stakeholder consultation on “Ending AIDS in Asia- Re-strategizing the MSM response” held 21-22 January 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand, UNAIDS RST-AP was tasked to coordinate a regional ‘Call to Action’. As a result, UNAIDS, UNDP and APCOM collaborated on a special MSM feature in the HIV in Asia Pacific: UNAIDS Report 2013 calling on partners to better “focus, invest, empower and mobilize” to provide innovative, tailored programming and effective responses to at- risk communities.
To ensure sustained action in response to the ‘Call to Action’, In 2013 APCOM received seed funding from UNAIDS and further assistance for Population Services International (PSI) Thailand to implement a pilot project for Regional City-Based HIV Testing Campaign: TestXXX, called TestBKK. APCOM would also like to roll this out to other cities in the region such as Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Manila in the Philippines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports directly to LoveYourself Executive Director and provides support to the leaders of the organization (LoveYourself, Inc.) by performing administrative tasks, including, executing, organizing, systematizing tasks and processes, in the day-to-day operations and projects of the organization
- Carry out administrative, secretarial and bookkeeping duties, including preparation of check disbursements, coordinating and following-up on reimbursement and liquidation reports, and recording all financial transactions ensuring that required support documents are complete;
- Record all financial transactions of the program in the book of accounts (i.e. CBD, CRB, GJB, GL);
- Reconcile bank account, advances, taxes, government remittances and other accounts in relation to the program;
- Prepare project staff payroll, including individual employee salary ledger;
- Maintain records and inventory control of project assets and ensure that all office equipment and services are appropriately maintained;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to other program staff and partners for organizing activities at the local level; and
- Coordinate, provide and obtain required information in a tactful manner
- Assists in coordinating event space and provide logistical support, arranging for food and beverage, arranging for audiovisual equipment, ordering or buying supplies for trainings and special events
- Prepare invitation letters for partner organizations
- Check if all MOU (memorandum of understanding) or MOA (memorandum of agreement) are updated
- Attend to government requirements (BIR, SEC, DSWD)
- Perform other functions as assigned by the Executive Director
- Education: College graduate with a degree in Business Administration or Accountancy or other relevant courses.
- Work Experience: Work experience: Has at least 6 months to 1-year experience of work similar to job function stated. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Other Professional Skills: Proficient in oral and written English business communication; operation of computer and other ICT equipment; and knowledge in the use of most Microsoft Office applications; and familiar with data backup procedures.
- Other Desirable Qualities: Willing to work beyond standard working hours; can work with minimal supervision; highly trainable; detail oriented; can work well with a team; licensed driver, with leadership potential and gender sensitive.
FAIR HIRING POLICY
LoveYourself Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages applicants from the gay, bisexual, and transgender community who have experience in non-profit and community development work.
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest (EOI) letter together with the applicant’s CV/resume, via e-mail to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 9, 2016 (Friday), 5:00 pm (PH time), addressed to Mr. Ronnivin G. Pagtakhan Executive Director of LoveYourself Inc. technical review of documents will be done and the most qualified applicant will be contracted by LoveYourself Inc.
Technical review of documents, phone and face-to-face interviews, and written exam will be facilitated and the most qualified applicant will be contracted by LoveYourself. Please take note that this is for immediate hiring to be based in Metro Manila with expected start date on the 3rd week of December, 2016.
For the hired applicant, the following documents will need to be prepared and submitted within two weeks upon hiring: SSS, TIN, Pag-IBIG and Philhealth numbers, police and NBI clearances, and medical certificate.