LoveYourself Inc. partnership with APCOM, is looking for a for Campaign Officer for Regional City Based HIV Testing Campaign: Test MNL.
APCOM has been engaged in responding to the urgent needs of MSM in Asia and the Pacific at both a policy and programmatic level. At a multi-stakeholder consultation on “Ending AIDS in Asia- Re-strategizing the MSM response” held 21-22 January 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand, UNAIDS RST-AP was tasked to coordinate a regional ‘Call to Action’. As a result, UNAIDS, UNDP and APCOM collaborated on a special MSM feature in the HIV in Asia Pacific: UNAIDS Report 2013 calling on partners to better “focus, invest, empower and mobilize” to provide innovative, tailored programming and effective responses to at- risk communities.
To ensure sustained action in response to the ‘Call to Action’, In 2013 APCOM received seed funding from UNAIDS and further assistance for Population Services International (PSI) Thailand to implement a pilot project for Regional City-Based HIV Testing Campaign: TestXXX, called TestBKK. APCOM would also like to roll this out to other cities in the region such as Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Manila in the Philippines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify and meet with testing clinics, community and technical partners during the initiation and the implementation of the campaign
- Develop campaign’s creative assets and key messages with involvement of clinical, community and technical partners
- Develop online products (videos, website, ads, etc)
- Develop offline products (condom packaging, memorabilia, etc)
- Run events including a launch event and other events. Other events may be tied to Pride Events or International Aids Awareness Day.
- Collaborate with an academic surveyor for evaluation of effectiveness.
- Collaborate with clinics to track the exposure of the campaign among their MSM visitors/clients
- Collaborate with clinics to track the numbers of unique MSM visitors who get tested, test positive and enroll in HIV care.
- Establish the campaign’s presence in social media
- Manage the campaign’s advertising buys in media and purchasing of printed materials
- Identify potential social media influencers and other private parties that would benefit the campaign’s branding, productivity and/or cost effectiveness and who could become partners
- Provide translation support, where needed
- Be a spokesperson at events hosted by the government, civil society, academics and/or development sectors. Do media interviews.
- Report on the campaign’s progress and evaluations to APCOM
- Collaborate with LoveYourself’’s finance team to ensure accurate recording of all finances.
- Support the Campaign Assistant with daily duties and activities and use tools such as weekly staff meetings and financial reports to track the project’s performance and keep it on target. This includes identifying which elements of the campaign are at risk for not being completed on time and making plans to avoid further delays.
- Document decisions and actions taken on program Issues.
- Act as a point person for relations with Stakeholders, the Media and others.
- Perform other tasks required for the correct implementation of the project.
- Identify other sources of support (funding or technical) for the sustainability of the campaign after the one-year period.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Post and/ or Undergraduate degree of Communication, Development Studies, Social Service or any related fields
- At least 2 years of proven track record of developing and implementing effective campaign strategies, including in a leadership role, in HIV or key population-related health and/or rights issues.
- Knowledge of social media campaign platforms
- An understanding of how HIV testing and getting positive people into treatment are crucial factors in eliminating AIDS
- Experience in undertaking or commissioning research to meet campaign needs.
- A track record in developing creative campaigns that challenge structural barriers to HIV, or health and human rights.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating progress against campaign objectives.
- Ability to manage offline and online advertising products
- Proven writing skills in both English and Vietnamese, with demonstrated experience of writing or commissioning materials for a diverse range of audiences, including writing for the web, preparing online campaign actions, and managing web content.
- Proven commitment to effective financial management of campaigns.
- Proven commitment to strategic social networking with social influencers
- Media-training and willingness to act as a media spokesperson.
- Experience of working in a participatory, gender and culturally sensitive way with key stakeholders, partners and networks.
- Experience in organizing and executing campaign events.
Abilities and Skill
- Excellent time management and planning skills and ability to oversee delivery of high quality events and materials in line with a campaign strategy and work plan.
- Ability to build relationships across organizations and to engage diverse stakeholders in the events/product being overseen
- Willingness to share campaigning information and to build support for campaigning among colleagues and external partners.
- Understanding of and interest in approaches to public campaigning and supporter engagement.
- Ability to formulate campaign messaging, translating complex policy asks and research findings into campaignable demands of target audience
- Able to use of social media to engage the target audience
- Proven ability to develop strategic alliances externally, particularly with non-health, popular social influencers/community.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Has a good command on both verbal and written English language.
FAIR HIRING POLICY
LoveYourself Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages applicants from the gay, bisexual, and transgender community who have experience in non-profit and community development work.
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest (EOI) letter together with the applicant’s CV/resume, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com on or before October 28, 2016 (Friday), 5:00 pm (PH time), addressed to Mr. Ronivin G. Pagtakhan Executive Director of LoveYourself Inc. technical review of documents will be done and the most qualified applicant will be contracted by LoveYourself Inc.
Technical review of documents, phone and face-to-face interviews, and written exam will be facilitated and the most qualified applicant will be contracted by LoveYourself. Please take note that this is for immediate hiring to be based in Metro Manila with expected start date on November 2, 2016.
For the hired applicant, the following documents will need to be prepared and submitted within two weeks upon hiring: SSS, TIN, Pag-IBIG and Philhealth numbers, police and NBI clearances, and medical certificate.