ISEAN-Hivos Program (IHP) – Global Fund Round 10 – Multi-Country HIV and AIDS Grant
Expression of Interest (EOI) Number: TLY-22
Issuance Date: September 14, 2015 (Monday)
Deadline of Submission: September 30, 2015 (Wednesday), 5:00 pm (PH time)
Call for Expression of Interest for a COORDINATOR for Transgender Youth Network in the Philippines under LoveYourself Inc. for the ISEAN-Hivos Program Phase 2, Year 3 in the Philippines – “Strengthening Community Systems to Reduce the Vulnerability to and the Impact of HIV Infection among MSM and TG in the Islands of Southeast Asia”
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
In 2010, the Islands of Southeast Asia Network on Male and Transgender Sexual Health (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly submitted a regional proposal to the Global Fund for AIDS, Malaria, and Tuberculosis (GFATM) Round 10. The programme, entitled ‘Strengthening Community Systems to Reduce Vulnerability to and Impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in the Islands of Southeast Asia’, was approved by GFATM. This grant has the main goal of reducing (a) the vulnerability and risks of MSM and transgender (TG) to HIV infection and (b) the impact of HIV on their lives in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Timor Leste. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSM and TGs. Phase 1 of the program was implemented from October 2011 to September 2013. Phase 2, Year 1 of the program was completed last September 2014 and Phase 2, Year 2 started January 2015, anticipated to run until September 2016. The program focuses on these key program components: capacity building, advocacy and networking, and technical and financial assistance.
In the Philippines, LoveYourself Inc. as the sub-sub-recipient (SSR), together with The Philippine NGO Council on Population, Health and Welfare, Inc. (PNGOC) as the sub-recipient (SR) of the grant, and Cebu Plus Association, Inc. as other sub-sub-recipients (SSR), will be hiring COORDINATOR for Transgender Youth Network in the Philippines.
LoveYourself Inc. is looking for a capable COORDINATOR for Transgender Youth Network in the Philippines who will provide the following to address the Grant’s requirements:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Network Coordinator will report directly to the SSR Executive Director and will work with the other officers and members of the Network. He or she will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Network Secretariat and function as Trans-Program Officer for the SSR. His or her function include:
As Network Coordinator:
- Assist the Network President in convening the Governing Board and the General Assembly;
- Facilitate the registration and recognition of the Network in relevant public and private bodies;
- Work with the Secretariat to ensure that programs and activities are properly implemented;
- Provide assistance to the Governing Board in fulfilling its functions and duties;
- Report to Governing Board on implementation of the network’s activities and the state of its finances;
- Manage and oversee the network’s secretariat;
- Provide administrative support to the network; and
- Perform other functions assigned him or her by the Network Board.
As Trans-Program Officer:
- Reports directly to the SSR Program Director, and coordinates with ISEAN’s Regional Trans Program Specialist on all transgender-specific activities and deliverables;
- Organize and mobilize informal transgender groups (both transwomen and transmen) at the community level;
- Provide support and guidance to the SSRs, the national Network and other local and national partners and stakeholders, especially with program implementation and reporting of trans-specific activities;
- Facilitate the capacity-building of community leaders on transgender issues;
- Carry out desk research, field visits and participate in program monitoring and evaluations in line with trans-specific activities;
- Provide support in organizing national coordination meetings, including liaising with participants on events, meeting, training and workshops, especially those focusing on transgender issues;
- Contribute to documenting and disseminating project-related best practices and lessons learnt especially on transgender issues;
- Create and maintain internal systems, including contact lists, diaries of upcoming events and opportunities and other databases of trans-specific networks, non-government organizations, community-based organizations, informal groups and individuals;
- Perform the role of coordinator and facilitator/trainer during program activities such as trainings, workshops, forums and consultations, especially on SOGIE and Transgender 101 topics;
- Together with the SSR Administrative and Finance Officer and SSR Program Officer, prepare and provide monthly and quarterly programmatic reports to the SSR Program Director for submission to the SR; and
- Perform other project-related functions as assigned by the SSR Program Director.
- Education: College graduate with a degree in behavioral sciences, social sciences, liberal arts, or other relevant courses.
- Work Experience: More than two years of working experience performing work similar to stated job functions in a development work setting. Preferably with experience in organizing and conducting consultations and advocacy activities, community mobilization, monitoring and evaluation, basic research, technical report writing, and networking and partnership. Working knowledge and familiarity with HIV and AIDS, and TG community issues.
- Training Experience: Has undergone training on program management, training facilitation, monitoring and evaluation, community mobilization, sexual and reproductive health and rights, SOGIE, HIV and AIDS.
- Other Professional Skills: Proficient in oral and written English business communication; operation of computer and other ICT equipment; and knowledge in the use of most Microsoft Office applications; and familiar with data backup procedures.
- Other Desirable Qualities: Willing to work beyond standard working hours; can work with minimal supervision; highly trainable; detail oriented; can work well with a team; and gender sensitive.
- Openly identifies as a transgender person.
FAIR HIRING POLICY
LoveYourself Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages applicants from the gay, bisexual, and transgender community who have experience in non-profit and community development work.
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest (EOI) letter together with the applicant’s CV/resume, IHP consultant’s biodata form (refer to link below), via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 30, 2015 (Wednesday), 5:00 pm (PH time), addressed to Mr. Ronnivin G. Pagtakhan Executive Director of LoveYourself Inc. technical review of documents will be done and the most qualified applicant will be contracted by LoveYourself Inc.
Please note that this is for immediate hiring, and shortlisted applicants must be available for interview.
You can download the IHP consultant’s biodata form through this link: